Fennel + mixed greens with beets, grapefruit walnuts + avocado.
A beautiful, delicious salad! Open this in the middle of your day for a recharge of bright energy. Chop slowly + carefully. Fennel tastes best when sliced thin!
Prep time: 10-15 minutes of chopping.
Serving Size: 1
1 fennel bulb
1 - 2 cups mixed greens
1/2 large ruby red grapefruit
2 small cooked beets
Handful of walnuts
Olive oil + Juice from 1/2 lemon
1) Slice fennel. This is the most important step in making this salad taste great. Slice in half, and place flat side down.
Start from the top and of the bulb, and create super thin slices! Save half of the fennel you chop for your salad tomorrow.
2) Segment grapefruit. Segment is a way to remove the inner pieces without all the pith (white around the fruit).
3) Toss mixed greens and fennel with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
4) Dice avocado and cooked beets into a bite size pieces
5) Make dressing - shake 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil + juice from half a lemon together in a jar until emulsified (creamy)
6) Layer salad. Greens + fennel —> beets —> avo — nuts —> another small drizzle of olive oil, S &P.