- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar or white wine vinegar.
- 1 quart Brussels sprouts, shaved thinly by hand or food processor. Or buy already shaved.
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts
- 1 cup shaved Pecorino Romano cheese (or Parmigiano-Reggiano) - optional
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Toast walnuts on a very low heat for 3-5 minutes. watch them while you toast. they burn easily. Then chop walnuts into bite size pieces or smaller.
2. Make dressing. Add the mustard to a bowl. Then slowly add olive oil while whisking. Then add the lemon juice, vinegar and finely chopped parsley.
3. Toss shaved Brussels sprouts, walnuts crumbles, loose parsley and (optional parmesan cheese) in a salad bowl with the vinaigrette to your taste.
4. Season with salt + pepper. Add bite-size walnut halves on top to serve.