Ingredients for Bowl:
2/3 cup cooked quinoa
2 tablespoons matchstick-cut carrot
2 tablespoons chopped red bell pepper
2 tablespoons steamed edamame
1/4 cup shredded red cabbage
3 ounces broiled salmon
1 teaspoon chopped dry-roasted peanuts
Ingredients for Dressing:
1 teaspoon creamy almond butter (subbing almond butter for peanut butter on a detox :)
1 teaspoon lower-sodium soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon rice vinegar
1/2 teaspoon dark sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon fresh lime juice
1. Prep salmon. Wash with cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Coat with 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil, season with salt and pepper.
2. Cook quinoa to fluffy texture. Heat water. Measure out 1 and 3/4 cups water, add back to pot with 1 cup quinoa and a few pinches of salt.
2. Cut carrot into matchstick size. Shave cabbage. Dice pepper.
3. Steam edamame in steamer bowl or microwave.
4. Make dressing. In a small bowl, combine peanut butter, soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, and lime juice, stirring well with a whisk. Drizzle over bowl.
5. Heat sautee pan to high heat. Sautee salmon for 3 minutes on each side.
6. Prepare bowl and top with dressing. Enjoy!