You can have good, fast and cheap AND deluxe all in one breakfast bowl. While you know I am a HUGE fan of smoothies, smoothies don't always cut it in the winter time. Sometimes we need something warm, a bit more soothing. There are of course endless variations on this kind of bowl, but here's what I want to share first and foremost.
Soak your oats overnight on a Sunday night before the week starts.
This removes a lot of the phytic acid in the oats (which can be hard on your digestive system), and makes it so that you don't even have to cook them. Plus they retain all of their raw superfood power, and have a nice chewy texture.
How to do this: Place in a tuperware, fill with desired amount of oats. 1 cup will do for 2-3 servings. Place in refrigerator overnight. Drain water the next day. This will stay good for 4-5 days refrigerated.
This makes reheating and having a gourmet breakfast so easy and so healthy. Yes.
- Vanilla or Plain Almond Milk
- Chai Spice Mix. Blue Lotus Chai is my favorite as its just pure spices, no sweetener.
- 1-2 teaspoons melted Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup soaked Oats. or the amount you desire.
- 1 tablespoon Chia Seeds
- A handful of Gogi Berries
- A handful of mulberries
- A handful of fresh or frozen blueberries
- A handful of raw cacao
- 1/2 Banana
1. Soak Oats Overnight
2. Combine Almond Milk, Coconut Oil, Chai Spice, Oats + Chia Seeds. Stir until well combined. Add a dash of quality sea salt.
3. Heat in microwave or on stovetop if desired.
4. Top with delicious superfoods.
Enjoy while taking a morning pause to enjoy your beautiful meal!