about this dish
This is a seriously delicious makeover on your Friday night.
Cauliflower crust pizza is thin and gets nice and crispy! It's not the same as regular pizza, but it's delicious in it's own right.
And with amazing grocery stores like whole foods + trader joes, you can buy cauliflower already “riced” or well chopped, and prepare this crust in just 10 minutes. Or using a good processor you can finely chop the cauliflower in just a couple minutes at home.
Serving Size: 1 pizza (serves 2 people)
Prep time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 35 minutes Total time: 55 minutes
2 cups of riced cauliflower.
2 roma tomatoes or colorful heirlooms
A small bag or head of Arugula
1 jar pizza sauce
3/4 cups ground almonds (grind in blender)
3 Tablespoons chia seeds
1 teaspoon oregano or Italian seasoning
Goat cheese, or skip the cheese.
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Mix chia seeds in a bowl with 1/2 cup of water and leave on counter for 20 minutes.
3. Rice the cauliflower if you have a head of cauliflower. (Chop into latee florets and place in food processor until cauliflower is a fine, crumbly, rice-like texture).
4. Measure out around 2 cups and place into a large bowl, add in the ground almonds, oregano, salt, and pepper. Make a hole in the center and add in the Chia goop!
5. Combine the ingredients by hand and, and shape everything together into a ball. It should be loose and sticky, not like a traditional dough.
6. Grease a pan or baking tray with olive oil and put the cauliflower dough ball onto tray. Create a “stop sign” with your hand - so it’s flat and fingers are together. Press dough ball into a flat even layer. Make a ridge around the outside.
7. Spray the top with olive oil cooking spray or lightly dab olive oil onto your hands and coat the top of the crust. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Peel eggplant + slice into rounds. Sauté in olive oil. (do not salt) Set aside.
9. Once crust is golden, add your favorite tomato base, eggplant + goat cheese and bake an additional 5-10 minutes.
10. Remove + let cool for a few minutes before slicing. Add arugula + basil for garnish. And make a side arugula salad!