There is absolutely no way to fight the creamy pumpkin craving of fall. So find a way to enjoy it! This is a super easy + delicious smoothie for you to enjoy.
- 1.5 scoops Vanilla Protein Powder
- 3/4 cup Vanilla almond milk. (Or use Plain depending on your sweetness tolerance)
- 1 teaspoon Maple Syrup for sweetner. Or your sweetner of choice.
- 1 - 2 teaspoons melted coconut oil (for healthy fats)
- 1/4 cup Pumpkin purée
- 1 Tbsp. Pecans, Walnuts or any nut you have on hand
- a Dash (or 2!) Pumpkin pie spice, to taste
- Optional - 1 drop of ginger essential oil
- A few ice cubes
You can probably find something like this in your grocery store. It's a simple blend of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg + allspice. I recommend choosing a real spice blend and not something loaded with sugar. You can always add a sweetner like honey or maple syrup if you want an extra sweet taste, but the premade mixes usually contain artificial color and sweetner. So avoid those when possible.
1. Add almond milk to the bottom of the smoothie so it's easy to blend all of the ingredients.
2. Add all ingredients except Ice and blend. If you want to add the ice - go ahead and add it once everything is already creamy.
If you're an avid smoothie maker and drinker like me, keep all your smoothie ingredients handy if possible. Near your nutribullet (my favorite, light and easy to use blender) and keep your ingredients accesible so that making a smoothie is as easy as pie.
Get it.. pumpkin pie..
But for real - make it easy so that making the healthy choice is as EASY as possible :)
A couple times a week I also make smoothies at night while I'm making dinner and waiting for something to cook. I leave it in the blender for when I know I'm going to be coming home hungry in the morning, or I simply want to make my life easier. Then I simple re-blend. It's the best and sets your days up for success.