This smoothie is so good and is my go-to. There are a bunch of ingredients included here - enjoy the power combo!
It has all of the things most of us want on any given morning.. it's refreshing (mint), protein rich (protein powder), healthy + stabilizing fats (coconut oil + almond butter), creamy goodness (almond milk), antioxidant rich super greens and it tastes like a mint chocolate chip milkshake.
Ingredients for 2 servings
- 2 scoops Protein Powder
- 1 scoop super greens
- 1/2 - 1 Banana -depending on how sweet you like your smoothie.
- 1-2 tablespoons Almond Butter
- 3/4 cup Plain almond or coconut milk.
- About 2 teaspoons melted coconut oil (for healthy fats)
- 1 drop ginger essential oil (or an inch of fresh chopped ginger)
- 1 drop spearmint essential oil (or a handful of fresh mint)
- a handful of Cacao nibs (1-2 tablespoons)
- A few ice cubes
As you would expect, the directions for making a smoothie are pretty simple. Except you want to watch out for when you add the coconut oil.
1. Add almond milk to bottom of blender
2. Add all other ingredients, except for coconut oil + ice cubes and blend.
3. If coconut oil is hardened, melt it. Then add to mixture + blend. (You don't want to add coconut oil to a really cold mixture, it will harden and you won't enjoy the texture.)
4. Optional - add ice cubes if you want a colder drink.
health hack: mint supports natural weight loss + is great for digestion.